TOMORROW IS the fabulous Poem in Your Pocket Day!
The idea is simple: select a poem you love during National Poetry Month then carry it with you to share with co-workers, family, and friends on April 26. “Poems from pockets will be unfolded throughout the day with events in parks, libraries, schools, workplaces, and bookstores. ~Poet.org
Ideas to Try
I love these little-known but oh-so-celebratory holidays, and there are many clever ways to embrace Poem in Your Pocket Day! With a little bit of simple preparation today, you’ll be all set to celebrate tomorrow.
Here are seven simple Poem in Your Pocket Day ideas to explore:
- Keep a short poem in your pocket. Look at it often and memorize it.
- Print some favorite poems and pass them out in your community.
- Distribute bookmarks with your favorite immortal lines.
- Post a poem on your blog or social networking page.
- Add a poem to your email footer.
- Text a poem to friends.
- Tweet a poem using the hashtag #pocketpoem.
SHARE! What poem will you keep in your pocket on Poem in Your Pocket Day?