For those of you keeping up with the progress of WriteShop Primary (our upcoming K-2nd grade writing program), there’s a lot happening behind the scenes!
- All lessons, table of contents, and appendix have been sent to David for layout. The pages look BEAUTIFUL!
- We’re beginning a final proofreading of the manuscript.
- I’ve begun making a list of page references to update. Currently, we use placeholder text that says, “See p. TK.” Why TK? Our editor friend Mary Jo Tate introduced us to this little placeholder. It’s such an uncommon pair of letters that it’s easy search and replace it! So that’s my current task: find all the TK references and note the correct page number so that David can make the substitutions.
- David is finishing up the line art drawings that go inside the book, and he’s beginning to draw the line art for the ten activity pages.
- He’s also finished designing the book covers. They’re so cheerful and friendly—you will just LOVE them! Book A is in shades of red, Book B in greens, and Book C in yellows. Soon you’ll get to take a peek!
- Our illustrator, the talented young Deborah Thomson, is working on the cover artwork. She’s tantalizing us with many delightful options, and we can’t wait to see what she comes up with!
I’m sure there’s more, but that pretty much brings you up to date as this project begins to wrap up. We’re still aiming to send the first book to print in April, and soon we’ll start taking pre-orders. But more on that later!
Stay tuned. . . . .