by Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
4th Edition. Copyright © 2003.
With the WriteShop Teacher's Manual, you'll confidently teach descriptive, informative, narrative, and persuasive writing.
Lesson plans cover BOTH WriteShop I and WriteShop II, including discussion ideas, pre-writing activities, thorough explanations, and plenty of student samples. Teachers and homeschool parents alike will find many other helpful teacher resources in this idea-packed book.
The TM helps ensure success of the program. Without it, the student workbooks lose much of their effectiveness. Only one-quarter of the TM contains lesson plans. The remainder of the handy, tab-divided binder is devoted to helping you learn to effectively edit and evaluate your students' writing. One look at the TM Table of Contents will convince you that this meaty resource is no ordinary teacher's guide!
"WriteShop gives you so much help that it is surprisingly easy to critique the student's writing. Each lesson has specific instructions for the teacher as to what problems to look for and how to help the student correct them. My dd's writing has become much more clear, interesting, and persuasive." --Amy, TX
- Clearly-outlined teacher lesson plans
- Tips for editing, evaluating, and grading student compositions (including edited examples of actual student work)
- Suggestions for addressing problem areas
- Instructions for using Student and Teacher Checklists
- Reproducible, all-purpose checklists for editing student compositions and essays
- Reproducible Composition, Essay, and Report Evaluation forms for grading future assignments
- Answer keys to Skill Builders and pre-writing activities
- An extensive Supplemental Activities appendix offering hundreds of ideas for lesson expansion, persuasive essay topics, creative fiction, projects, and writing across the curriculum.
- Comes in a three-ring binder. 280 pp.
Note: If you order a Basic Set, it already comes with a Teacher's Manual. You will not need to order a separate TM unless you are skipping WriteShop I and going directly to WriteShop II.
Teacher's Manual Table of Contents