by Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
4th Edition. Copyright © 2003.
At last! A composition curriculum that meets the needs of both student and teacher!
Teachers love WriteShop! This flexible writing program is ideal for home schoolers, classrooms, or co-ops. So whether you teach at home or in a Christian school, offer a weekly class, or tutor privately, WriteShop helps seasoned teachers and insecure parents alike tackle junior high- and high school-level writing with confidence. You'll love the detailed teacher lesson plans and step-by-step student instructions WriteShop offers.
WriteShop provides other helpful tools teachers and parents look for in a top-notch writing course. You'll find all sorts of resources for teaching, editing, evaluating, and grading writing, including individualized checklists, evaluation forms, writing examples, and tips for objective grading.
WriteShop sets students on a course for success. The lessons give them a chance to practice various kinds of writing, including creative writing, expository writing, and narrative writing. Assignments teach descriptive and informative paragraphs as well as first-and third-person narratives. The writing course also teaches students important techniques of style and self-editing. With each lesson, they learn and practice new skills, apply them to their current writing project, and edit and revise the composition several times. By the end of the lesson--after brainstorming, writing, editing, and revising--they'll have a polished paper to be proud of!
The prepackaged Basic Set contains one Teacher's Manual and one WriteShop I student workbook. Student workbooks are consumable. Purchase an extra WriteShop I or WriteShop II book for each additional student
Thesaurus. WriteShop recommends The Synonym Finder thesaurus for use with the WriteShop program.
- a solid writing foundation for 6th-10th graders using WriteShop I. Older high schoolers who lack proficiency will also benefit. (For more advanced students in grades 8-12, see WriteShop II.)
- incremental lessons written directly to the student.
- a strong emphasis on editing.
- creative and varied lessons, skill builders, and supplemental activities.
- ideas for expanding WriteShop lessons and writing across the curriculum.
- flexible scheduling. Complete one lesson every two weeks or adjust the pace.
- online support and website discussion board.
- Each WriteShop book comes in a three-ring binder with tabbed dividers.
"Write Shop is wonderfully structured which helps the both of us.... My son's writing has improved tremendously. He not only understands how to put a paragraph together, but how to write it so that it is interesting and descriptive." --Sue, FL
"We've been faithfully following all the steps with Write Shop and I have to say that I'm thrilled to see the method's sticking." --D Allen, NC (read entire testimonial)
Learn MORE about WriteShop's content and recommended resources!
See WriteShop Schedules
Copying and Dictation Exercises for WriteShop I
WriteShop I Scope and Sequence
The Synonym Finder