by Nancy I. Sanders
Looking for a curriculum that puts the fun back in writing? Then you'll love WriteShop Junior!
"My kids have learned buckets! Above all else, they have gained a confidence in writing that they didn’t have before. Thanks…I can’t say it enough." –Marisa, SD
WriteShop Junior is a creative writing program that appeals to many learning styles. As with all WriteShop products, Book E helps you guide students through the steps of the writing process. To keep the experience fun, each lesson includes games and activities that teach and review important writing and self-editing skills. Whether you have a more advanced child or one who is fairly new to writing, this program is flexible so children can work at their own level.
Book E will review and reinforce the basic skills of writing: how to come up with ideas; brainstorm and organize before writing; choose more interesting words; learn to self-edit in a fun and positive way; and publish creatively. It will also introduce new skills and writing tools.
Recommended Grade Levels and Placement Help
- Ideal for students in 4th and 5th grade.
- May also be used with reluctant 6th and 7th graders who have had little or no formal writing instruction.
- Parents also appreciate being able to use the program with struggling learners.
- If your child has not learned punctuation or grammar skills and still needs a lot of help planning, organizing, and adding details to a story, we recommend starting with Book D.
Download a Book E sample lesson
What Do I Need to Get Started?
Download a Book E sample lesson
What Parents Are Saying about Book E
"I am really pleased with the progress my daughter has made. This was a great program—better than anything we’ve tried. It kept her engaged and interested. I think WriteShop Junior is amazing!" –Mary, PA
"My son is very challenging to homeschool so I am very surprised by his response to this curriculum. He LOVES it! The creativity WriteShop adds to each lesson is a plus for our family. Thank you!" –Michelle, FL
“I used to feel so unprepared to teach writing and was frustrated when my son didn’t get it. With the tools offered in Book E, he’s now equipped to take on many kinds of writing. The lessons are easy to follow and enjoyable!” –Krystin, KY
"WriteShop is the most complete, fun and effective writing program we have found, and it makes teaching writing 'do-able' for me! Thank you again...and again!" –Shyla, Canada
"I was especially pleased to see some 5-paragraph writing assignments. I'd been wanting them to learn that for years, but didn'tquite know how to go abojut!" –Pam, New Zealand
Book E Table of Contents
- Science Fiction
- Poetry/Shape Poems
- Personal Narrative
- Descriptive Narrative
- Book Report/Responding to Literature
- Expository Writing: Nonfiction Report
Skills Taught in Book E
- Writing in different fiction genres
- Writing nonfiction and book reports
- Answering journal prompts
- Planning and organizing each writing project
- Choosing strong words and synonyms
- Developing voice and emotion
- Writing sentences of different lengths
- Learning to write using 5 paragraphs
- Creatively publishing final drafts
- Using references
- Using a variety of self-editing tools
- PDF format, available for immediate download
- 272 pages
- Includes several schedules with daily lesson plans. Schedules are flexible and easy to follow.
- Not an independent course. Lessons designed for parent and child to work together.
- Download a Book E sample lesson
This is the Digital/PDF (Ebook) Version of the Book E Teacher's Guide. Click here to purchase a physical book rather than a digital copy.